Sunday, November 2, 2008

LIfe is Good!

My birthday was yesterday. I had a great day! I have two thoughtful daughters who made sure that the day had all the right touches. No cake, but a great aromatic candle and flavored coffee. Then an unbelievable two hours of massage and scrub decadently scented in chocolate!

The day ended with a wonderful dinner, compliments of Jim. Tuscan foods and wine! The day was completely delicious, if a day can be that way!

Actually, as I read book after book about life and hardships in other countries and in other times, we have a stunning life! There is so much to be thankful for.

And yet...

People complain!

Everyday, I listen to issues related to having more, doing less, wanting different, expecting something other than what there is! So I find myself breathing in the silence, when it comes along gathering energy to listen to more issues come Monday!

This weekend was about breathing in thankfulness for a life that has been very good to me! I did not have a charmed childhood, nor did I have rousing encouragement as I took life's steps. It's because of that or in spite of that, that I have the life I have now.

And now is fantastic!

No comments: