Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fuzzy Morning


A friend sent a twitter message saying that his son got up, looked out the window and said, "Daddy, it's fuzzy outside!" After receiving the message, I grabbed my camera and snapped a picture and sure enough, it was "fuzzy outside!"
So, I enjoyed the beauty of that for awhile and now today I think, you know it's often "fuzzy outside!" and inside for that matter.
Take for example these fuzzy ideas: What prompts us to decide that now is the time to get married, have kids, move, buy a house, sell a house, change jobs, retire?
What brings clarity to a day? Usually the sun burns through.
What causes the fog to lift in us?
Some decisions I have made in my life felt as though someone was grabbing me by the collar and saying, "Time to move on!" Other times, I have made decisions based on whim - my last car for instance was just because I felt like it! Most of the time,though, I feel as though fate moves me! Opportunities are placed in front of me like a door. I ponder the door for awhile wondering if I should walk through or not. And usually I decide that the door was put there for me to walk through...so I do!
I know other people are presented with doors and something causes them to look away. I am going to say that it's fear! I think that people are often afraid to move in an unfamiliar direction...to walk through a strange door. These people are waiting for the fog to lift! They want to see clearly what is on the other side of the door and if they can't see clearly, they do not pass through.
Life is a journey. For me, being fuzzy outside has been part of my journey. I often couldn't see what was coming next and that actually became part of the fun.
Fuzzy mornings are, in fact, beautiful, if you're willing to really look at them!

No comments: